Skip to main content

Apply for a Disabled Person's Welsh Concessionary Travel Card

I haven't had a Welsh Concessionary Travel Card and want to apply for one.

Apply for a Disabled Person's Concessionary Travel Card

Companion Cards

If you require assistance from another person when travelling for some or all of your journeys you can apply for a companion card that provides free travel for one person accompanying you.

You can get a companion card if you have:

  • Challenging behaviours, with a need to be supervised at all times.
  • Severe cognitive and mental impairments (including people who have no awareness of risk and limited ability to plan and follow a journey).
  • A combination of visual and hearing or visual and speech loss that prevents independent mobility, or
  • Difficulties using a wheelchair independently.

If you require a companion card, you’ll need to contact your local council.

They'll assess whether you meet the criteria, and can then process your application.